Come and see us at The Edible Garden Show
Once again we are delighted to be attending The Edible Garden Show from the 15th to 17th March at Stoneleigh Park.
This fantastic three-day event is firmly established in the gardening calendar as the only national show dedicated to growing your own fruit, vegetables and home produce. Attracting visitors and exhibitors from around the UK this is an event not to be missed.
Come and see us on Stand 212, in Hall 2, where our friendly team of nutritionists and sales managers will be on hand to answer all your feeding queries. The BHWT (British Hen Welfare Trust) will also be joining us with a few of their feathered friends!
Find out more about what this show has to offer at www.theediblegardenshow.co.uk
Winter tips for your poultry
Here are some of our top tips for keeping your poultry healthy through the cold spell.
• Use petroleum jelly (Vaseline) on extremities such as their comb to help to prevent frost bite
• Make sure they have access to clean fresh water and check regularly to make sure it is not frozen
• Provide a feed with quality protein sources, this is particularly important if they are going through the moult
• Ensure a complete balanced diet is provided - even if your hens are not laying, they still need quality nutrition for good health
• To make sure your hens are getting the right balance of nutrients, only feed treats in the afternoon after they have eaten their complete feed and no more than around 20g (an egg cup full), per bird
• Make sure there is shelter in their run for protection from the elements
• Ensure the run isn’t poached and muddy – untreated bark on the ground can help to prevent this
• Make sure there is adequate ventilation in the hen house
• Don’t forget to make sure worming is kept up to date
The Smallholder Range continues to support the British Hen Welfare Trust
The Smallholder Range continues to support the valuable work of the British Hen Welfare Trust with it’s Ex-Bats Range. For the sale of every bag of Ex-Bats Pellets or Ex-Bats Crumb, the Smallholder Range gives 50p for every 20kg bag and 20p for every 5kg bag.
To find out more about the work of the British Hen Welfare Trust visit http://www.bhwt.org.uk/
or to buy the Ex-Bats Range on-line visit www.animalfeedstore.com/Small-Holder-Range/Ex-Bats-Pellets.aspx
New 5kg Natural Free Range Layers Crumble Launched!
The Smallholder Range has launched its Natural Free Range Layers Crumble in convenient 5kg bags, perfect for people with just a few chickens. The new 5kg bag will also bare a fresh new design.
Made as a Meal / Crumble, this feed helps to prevent selective feeding and creates less dust and waste than a regular meal / mash. Although with fresh new look packaging and a handy new bag size, Natural Free Range Layers Crumble is the same great tried and trusted feed, providing a complete, nutritionally balanced diet, for healthy hens.
Formulated from quality Non-GM ingredients and with added Omega 3, Natural Free Range Layers Crumble contains no artificial colours and is Vegetarian Society Approved. Boosted with vitamins and minerals, this feed provides everything hens need for optimum health all year round.
To order a new 5kg Natural Free Range Layers Cumble, click here!
Come and see us at Royal Norfolk
The Royal Norfolk Show is the country's biggest two-day agricultural show – and once again we will be there on stand 470, Avenue 16 to give you expert feeding advice.
On Wednesday 27th and Thursday 28th June, you can enjoy a great family day out with 10 hours of entertainment each day from spectacular Grand Ring displays, traditional livestock and equine classes, to a live music stage, celebrity guests and over 650 stands for those who love shopping.
For friendly feeding advice, come along to the stand at this great show and speak to one of the nutritionists or sales managers. Find out more about what this show has to offer at www.royalnorfolkshow.co.uk