The Ex-Bats Range
A donation from the sale of every bag goes directly to the BHWT
The Ex-Bats Range are the superior quality feeds for all ex-battery hens, providing them with optimum nutrition when they need it most and are specially formulated to meet their increased nutritional needs. The unique blend of ingredients promotes weight gain and supports all of the hen’s body systems, giving your hens the best start to their new life with you. The Ex-Bats Range can also be used as an excellent conditioning feed for any poultry, particularly older birds.
The Ex-Bats Range includes both Crumbs and Pellets and is available in 20kg and 5kg bags.
Just some of the benefits of the Ex-Bats Range…
Feeding a re-homed battery hen
- Increased high quality protein for strong, healthy feather growth.
- Contains sources of Omega 3 oils for healthy joints, plumage and eggs.
- Elevated Calcium levels help to guard against brittle bones and osteoporosis.
- Boosted levels of Vitamin E provide extra anti-oxidants to help the body recover from stress and to ensure good health.
- Protexin is included to ensure a healthy digestive system.
- Higher levels of vitamins and minerals ensure that your hens are receiving everything they need for all their daily functions and to help boost the immune system.
- Herbs such as nettle, fenugreek and garlic help to promote
weight gain, circulation and guard against infection.
The Ex-Bats girls say…
If you have any questions about the feeding, health or welfare of your ex-battery hens, then please contact our friendly and helpful team who are on hand to help with all queries no matter how trivial!
- Please remember that I may have had a stressful time moving home and I need my Ex-Bats feed available at all times during
- the day.
- For the first 2-3 weeks it’s important you feed me a crumb because I have known nothing else.
- You can introduce me to Ex-Bats Pellets straight away too, but please ensure I have access to Ex-Bats Crumbs at the same time. It is possible that I may flick out some of the pellets initially, as I don’t recognise them at first but will get use to them in time.
- As my Ex-Bats feed provides me with everything I need, the only other things that I must have are fresh water and grit to help me digest my food.
- Don’t forget that the Ex-Bats Range will provide me with a well balanced diet throughout my life once I am re-homed, even if I am not laying or in moult.
From Bald to Beautiful
"When Annabelle arrived in April she was seriously underweight and virtually featherless. By July there were no signs of improvement so I switched her to Ex-Bat Crumbs and Pellets. It took a little time for her to get used to the feed, but now she loves it, has plumped up perfectly and has a set of feathers that could win prizes! I am so impressed with this new feed."
Jane Howorth Founder BHWT
Every little helps…
The Smallholder Range are now working closely with the BHWT to support their fantastic work in helping to improve conditions for battery hens, rehome as many hens as possible and to educate consumers on matters such as common processed foods containing battery eggs.
As a registered charity the BHWT relies on donations to fund their hen collection programme as well as educational campaigns. You can help to support the BHWT by using the Ex-Bats Range for all your ex-battery hens. 50p from the sale of every 20kg bag and 20p from every 5kg bag of the Ex-Bats Range is donated directly to the BHWT and provides vital funding for essential projects and campaigns.
For more information on the Battery Hen Welfare Trust please visit their website www.bhwt.org.uk
If you have any questions about the feeding, health or welfare of your ex-battery hens, then please contact our friendly and helpful team who are on hand to help with all queries no matter how trivial! Call BHWT Careline 01362 822904 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To join the Smallholder Club for FREE and receive your information folder with feeding guides and information on caring for ex-battery hens. Join Now!
For Ex-Bat health queries call the
01362 822 904