- Goats need a regular routine and attention. Good quality feed and shelter are essential.
- Goats require year-round care so you need sufficient time and knowledge to look after them. If you go away, be sure that the person you leave in charge knows what they are doing.
- Goats and goats’ milk are covered by a number of regulations which you will need to observe.
- A dairy goat will need additional quantities of feed to cope with the extra demands of milk production
- Preventative care is important. You will certainly need to be able to recognise signs of ill health. Unless you know someone else who can do it for you, you should also learn to administer vaccinations, give wormers and trim feet.
For more information on Smallholder Range products or advice on feeding please contact our helpful and friendly team on the Smallholder Nutritional Helpline on 01362 822902